Battery draining fast suddenly

The battery in my Ring2 is draining in around 5 days. It was lasting approx 3 months previously. I have not changed any settings, it has not been especially cold, and it detected only 26 events in that time. The network strength is 55, and the battery is only 17myhs old. Please advise.

Hi @Chris66. You battery should be lasting much longer than that. I would suggest resetting your Doorbell and reconnecting it to wifi to see if that will improve your battery life. You can reset your doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Once the doorbell is reset, you can reconnect it to wifi. This will ensure that your doorbell is on the latest firmware and is using the correct amount of battery.

If you find that your battery is still draining excessively, you can contact our support team to see what options you have. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.