Battery drain, solar panels

Solar panel life?

All of a sudden, three different solar panels connected to ring devices are not charging properly. What could be causing this?
It all happened in the same week. Two of the cameras or stick up cameras.
What is it 15% the other one is at 45%.

The other is a ring floodlight cam and it’s also ink my issue is with the panels or batteries. Strange that it occurred the same week On 3 devices.

I am currently charging a new battery to put into this camera since it takes two batteries. Prior to this week it stayed up at 100%.

The second unit had been staying up at 100% but of course is no longer doing that. I am charging a couple of new batteries to put into all three outdoor cams that have solar panels.

The 3rd unit that was at 15% I put a fully charged battery into that unit. Unfortunately, it only shows 96%.

The 3rd unit that was at 15% I put a fully charged battery into that unit. Unfortunately, it only shows 96%.

Hi @user26740. Make sure the Solar Panel is firmly plugged into the Camera and that there is no dirt or debris blocking the connection or the panel itself. It is also recommended that the Solar Panel receives at least three to four hours of direct sunlight per day in order to provide a trickle charge to the battery in your Camera. It’s important to note that the trickle charge is much slower than when you plug the battery into a standard outlet directly to charge. If your Cameras are recording a large number of events, it’s also possible for the battery to discharge more quickly than it can be charged by the Solar Panel.

For more troubleshooting steps and information on our Solar Chargers and Solar Panels, please review this Help Center article. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.