Battery charging

I purchased a spare battery for my Ring sensor camera so I would always have one in it while the other one was charging.
I charged the original battery after it requested to do so but it is still showing as not charged when I put it back in.

Hey @LegendGreg. It normally takes a couple events for the battery to show with the correct reading. If the battery status has not updated after about 24 hours, I recommend taking the battery out, and then re-charging it. Please ensure that you charge the battery for 8 hours or until the green light is on and the amber light is out. Once you re-insert the battery this second time around, give it 24 hours to update. If it’s still showing as a dead battery, try swapping the batteries around and seeing if the information it still not updating, or if the dead battery is now on the other side. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I charged the new battery for 8 hours when it showed full charge and just green light. I put it in camera and it showed as needing charging. I took it out and put on charger again and light went green nearly immediately. As you can see from the photo battery on right is showing red or no charge.

@LegendGreg Has it still shown that the battery needs to be charged in the past 24 hours? If it has not updated since then, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can see how the battery is reading on their end and take a deeper look into this! :slight_smile: