Ring-Intercom

Browse posts, check compatibility, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Intercom.
A
Automating Airbnb Check-Ins with Ring Intercom and Alexa

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently purchased a Ring Intercom and successfully connected it to my intercom system. Since I run an Airbnb, I’m looking to implement a feature similar to Nuki Opener’s “Ring to Open”, which would allow my guests to self-check-in automatically.

The primary reason I opted for Ring Intercom over Nuki Opener is due to compatibility issues with my intercom. However, it’s unfortunate that Ring doesn’t currently offer a “Ring to Open” feature, which is essential for automating guest check-ins.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Alexa Routine: I created a routine where the trigger is “WHEN ‘Entrance’ is pressed”, and the action is “Alexa, open entrance.” The command works perfectly when executed manually, but the routine doesn’t trigger when someone rings the intercom.

2. IFTTT Integration: I attempted to set up an IFTTT routine to call an Alexa routine when “motion is detected” on the Intercom. Although it doesn’t make much sense to use the “motion detected” trigger for this device, I thought it was worth a try. (It was the only option available with my device on IFTTT).

Despite these efforts, I haven’t found a way to execute a routine or perform actions when someone rings the intercom. It seems the crucial trigger of “Entrance is pressed” doesn’t function as needed in my setup.

I’m reaching out to the community to see if anyone has faced a similar issue and found a solution or workaround. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

15-05-2024 04:54:34

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User