Automatically display Ring Camera on Echo Show when motion detected

The temporary solution that flyfish posted works. When the camera detects motion my echo show will display camera but for some reason she always says “OK”. This is driving me nuts. I know its part of the way alexa works by verifying she understands the command but the constant “ok” is grating. In settings there is a way to set alexa in to brief mode. That is where she stops saying “ok” but it does not work with routines.

This is silly that we have to go through these extremes to do what should be natural. My video 3 plus doorbell automatically shows video with movement but not my spot light camera.

My android phone gives me notifications along with a thumbnail photo for any event on both my cameras so I know handling the video is possible.

I think I’m going to return the spot light camera and pick up an arlo camera. That works. Or at the very least swap it for a doorbell camera.

I still can’t find a custom option, I only have Android phones, perhaps it shows on ios

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!..It works and I could not be any happier!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I confirm that your solution worked for my Spotlight cameras with my IPhone. Incidentally, I spoke with Amazon customer service and they couldn’t figure this out.