Automate Mode Changes

I appreciate the ability to have different Modes. I frequently forget to make the change. I know I can do it on the app. However, I use the AWAY mode at night. If I forget, it dosent get changed. Suggest: 1) Have a “Night” mode and 2) Have the cabability for the Modes to be automated by time. For example: If I go to bed at 10pm, the Mode would automatically switch to “Night” or “Away” at 10pm, and automatically switch back at 7am, if so set. Home alarms do this very thing.

3 Likes

Exactly please add this feature Ring. This would be a huge upgrade. Having a Home Mode Schduler would be great since many people forget to turn it on and off.

1 Like

+1,000! This feature was delivered to Alarm users in May 2021 but not Doorbell or Camera users. Please give us the ability to schedule or automate mode changes! My current workaround is to maintain three separate motion schedules for my 3 Ring devices. If I want to change when I wake up or go to bed, I have to change each of the 3 schedules manually.

Feature already delivered to Alarm users in May 2021: Feature Update: Schedule your Ring Alarm to Arm and Disarm Automatically

2 Likes

The fact they don’t have modes on a schedule is insane to me, this seems like a basic feature they would have added by now. Shocked when I could not do it and I don’t want geo fencing only to do. I thing but remind me to enable it

Hi neighbors. If you have a Ring Alarm system, you can utilize the Mode Scheduling feature to have your Alarm automatically arm or disarm on a schedule. If you have only Doorbells and Cameras, you won’t see this feature available. Other neighbors have requested it, and you can add your vote and comments to the feature request here. Thank you for your continued feedback.