Auto timer light not turn off

Hi,

My light turns ON after motion detects but never turn OFF after certain minutes in my setting. Was this setting not correct for night? See attached images (can only embed 1 image for new user).

Image #2

Image #3

Hi @HyroH. Do you have any Light Schedules in place? If so, check these and delete any Light Schedules you’re not using. Additionally, does your Camera detect a lot of motion? I see you have the Auto-Shutoff Timer set for 5 minutes, so it’s possible that the light is staying on as your device keeps detecting motion within that 5 minute window. You can try adjusting the Auto-Shutoff Timer to a shorter duration as well as adjusting the sensitivity of the Motion Zones for the lights.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring , I have no light schedule. I’ll adjust auto timer off to 3 mins.

See below screenshots.

1 Like

Motion sensitivity setting.

1 Like

@HyroH. When adjusting the motion sensitivity, make sure you’re adjusting the slider for the lights specifically, on the Motion Zones for Lights screen. The motion detection for the lights on your Floodlight Cam is different than the motion detection on the Camera, which you can read more about here. If the light consistently stays on despite adjusting the settings and checking the environment for any reflective surfaces, you can try resetting your Camera.

You can reset your Floodlight Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, walk the Camera through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Monitor your Camera, and if the light still stays on consistently, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

@Caitlyn_Ring I tried to force the light off but it will turns back on. I also removed 3D detection.

My motion zone.

I will try reset the camera.

@HyroH In this screenshot, it appears that you are editing the Motion Zones for the Camera specifically. I still recommend attempting to adjust the Motion Zones for Lights, as there is a distance slider for the Lights specifically. If this concern persists, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can further investigate this with you.

1 Like