Authentication App

I agree. Much prefer authenticator app for 2fa. Please give this option. Amazon already do!

As many others have said, please add google authenticator to the possible 2FA methods and add a timeout so an authentication woudl last for 30 mins or so.

Only providing 2FA via SMS and e-mail makes me doubt how seriously Ring take their security practices.

Given how easy it is to get the “wrong type of publicity” for security lapses - and having a history of faceplanting onto just such a situation - I’m surprised this isn’t already an option.

OTP support via Google Authenticator, 1Password, or the myriad alternate options is table stakes these days. Please prioritise and take your customers’ security seriously.

1 Like

So maybe with yesterday’s 7.5 hour outage of SMS-based two-factor codes for certain users, Ring will actually provide the option for authentication apps instead of the email/SMS options?

Why, why, why hasn’t this been implemented yet? TOTP has been the defacto standard for several years, and yet Ring is still using techniques from the 2000’s