Apple HomeKit

4 years ago Ring announced their intention to add support for Apple HomeKit in this article. Today we are still waiting for Ring to add support for HomeKit to the Doorbell Pro. When I contact Ring support on Twitter I keep receiving the same response. Please add support for HomeKit so that the Ring products are more integrated into the Apple ecosystem.

4 Likes

Moving to Eufy with HomeKit Secure Video support. As soon as their doorbell is added to HomeKit, is bye bye Ring.

they’ve lied for 4 years.

3 Likes

I agree!

The promise of HomeKit support has been dragging since 2016.

Many of us have spent our hard earned money on Ring products based on this promise.
I think we have been more than patient!

1 Like

We finally need HomeKit. Especially for the alarm so we can use the sensors like motion and door/window contact sensors to do other automations that are in HomeKit. HomeKit is coming this fall very soon with a powerful upgrade that Apple users have been waiting for and without HomeKit you will make those people look elsewhere for devices. I can’t be the only one wanting this?

13 Likes

Since full HomeKit integration has not been enabled, at least enable motion detection for all doorbells and cams.

This would allow HomeKit users the ability to automate lights when a motion event is detected to provide better quality, and color, video! Safety and security feature!

1 Like

I 100% agree!!

1 Like

Please ring add homekit, otherwise we will be forced to switch platforms.

1 Like

+1

Abode currently does this.

1 Like

There have been many rumors about support for HomeKit by Ring devices. So far this has not been implemented. I would like to request this to be done in the near future.

1 Like

Needs HomeKit integration. Would live for video to pop up on Apple TV like other integrated cams.

when I bought this many articles said it was imminent, year later and no news.

2 Likes

Homekit support has been promised for years. I am running out of patience and considering switching now that there are more options available. Please make available soon.

2 Likes

As everyone else has said “get this done!”. If anoher vendor gets here first (I’m thinking that might be Logitech) I’ll certainly drop ring for them.

1 Like

Yup same. Bought Ring based on the promise of HomeKit integration in the near future. Please get it sorted. A simple google search shows just how many security systems with doorbells work with HomeKit. Not gonna be long before I switch to one of those. Don’t see why I should have to pay for or have the hassle of sorting out a HomeBridge. It’s not like HomeKit is a new thing.

1 Like

Very disappointed that your new Video Doorbell 3 doesn’t include Apple Homekit support yet. This has been promised for years. I will NOT be upgrading unless/until Homekit support is added. Also considering switching to a different system that does support it.

2 Likes

I bought all my Ring devices assuming HomeKit was coming.

Very disappointing that it’s 2021 and still no support. Time to move on to vendor that supports HomeKit unfortunately!!!

1 Like

Ring = dropped for a company that keeps its promises

I am waiting for Apple HomeKit support before I upgrade my ring door, please update us with when support will be released, if not in a door camera at least a hub to connect existing ones to HomeKit.

Agree. I feel cheated. I bought my ring pro elites in 2019 on the promise of native homekit integration. Not buying a single ring product more until this has been implemented. Now I am running a homebridge, but for live view it often gives the no response message with no other homekit appliance in my house doing so and I have 7 other security cameras, who are not ring. And yes, I would probably have bought ring instead had homebridge been integrated.

2 Likes

Hi all, like many of you I have been patiently waiting for the Homekit integration that was promised years ago. I purchased 4 pro doorbells on the basis that the integration was ‘in progress’, but as we all know that has not happened. I raised a claim against Ring 2 years ago and was promised that if the integration was not in place within 2 years (which expired in 2021) Ring would honour a refund. My repeated communications since have remained unanswered. I have now decided to take Ring (Amazon) to the small claims court to pursue the promised refund.
Does anyone have a copy of the article when Ring announced the integration back in 2016/2017? I have a copy somewhere but cant lay my hands on it and need it for the small claims paperwork. The link in the thread above takes you to an updated page and the Homekit statement has been removed. Many thanks, Gary

2 Likes

If I hadn’t cut a hole in my siding to install an elite doorbell, I would have replaced all of my Ring gear already because of the lack of HomeKit video.

Please just get around to adding it so I don’t have to fix the siding on my house because I replaced you.