Anyone knows why Alarm kit is not available to buy in Australia?

Hi Guys, it looks like there is no stock of Alarm kit in Australia market. The alarm kit is discontinued in Australia? I also did not find it in the local IT store such as JB Hifi and Harvey norman.

The reason i need to buy the alarm kit is because I would like to use the new emergency alerts feature in Do Not Disturb mode on Iphone however it only support alarm system not the camera? Any one knows how to get alerts during the “Do Not Disturb mode on Iphone” if we only have cameras not the alarm? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi there, @geoffrey.y! The Alarm system is not available in Australia at this time. Feel free to keep an eye on this Community and Ring.com for updates on availability in different regions. In regards to your inquiry about the Emergency Alerts in Do Not Disturb feature, this is indeed for the Alarm system only.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have had the alarm out for 2 years, organizing a simple frequency change can’t be that hard, more its just your company not wanting to put the effort in to support customers in our market

1 Like

So you go about bringing out these new products, change over plan names rah rah rah and yet still can’t work out how to release even the base level alarm for australians again. Ring you have lost me, i am dumping you as soon as I do some research to find some new security cameras and I am just going to pay for an alarm company.

1 Like

Hi @Rohan. Thank you for sharing your feedback here in regards to the Ring Alarm’s availability in Australia. While I don’t have any updates to share on the availability of the Ring Alarm in your region, I’d recommend keeping an eye on Ring.com for any updates on this availability, as new updates and product releases will always be posted there.

Keep an eye out? I asked about the security lights about 2 years and still nothing here in Australia/new zealand. I see you keep releasing nice new toys for USA but again nothing outside. But arlo is everywhere here in new zealand… Only reason I went with ring was because I liked your products and I do. I love the flood light but my god your product release suuuux!!!
Ring needs to sort it out. There are other countries in this world…

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring any update on this, could not find any information on the update page for Ring.com Australia. Keen on integrating cameras with the alarm pad and contact sensors for a full security package - not just a half a security package.

3 Likes

@Caitlyn_Ring it would be good to get an update please. I’ve also heavily invested in Ring cameras 2+ years ago thinking the alarm couldnt be far off from an Australian release. Could you at least advise on whether or not it will EVER come out. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey neighbors. We do not have any advanced information or updates to share on future product or feature releases. When we have relevant information to share on new product releases in any region, that information will be shared on both Ring.com and in the Ring Updates board.

I’d like to upvote this request, as I can’t see any information on the Ring Updates board. I am lightly invested in the Ring ecosystem (just Video Doorbell Pro and Floodlight Cam) and have a Ring Protect Plan subscription, but the ongoing lack of availability for the Alarm Pro in Australia / New Zealand is making me consider cutting my losses and moving to another system.

1 Like

The Alarm Pro, your new security system with a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router, Shop Alarm Pro components to be made available to Australian and NewZealand Customers. Adding a Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector as well (hardwired) would complete this well.

Funny, AU site notes the product, but when clicked it is not available for AU.

3 Likes

Is there another update on this? I’m very interested in this

3 Likes

Me too - I am lightly invested in the Ring ecosystem (just Video Doorbell Pro and Floodlight Cam) and have a Ring Protect Plan subscription, but the ongoing lack of availability for the Alarm Pro in Australia / New Zealand is making me consider cutting my losses and moving to another system.

2 Likes

Hi, when will the Ring alarm be available in Australia?

3 Likes

Hi @ChateauWarnick. We don’t have any information on when devices and products will be available in your region. Keep an eye out on Ring.com, as this is where we make product announcements. Thanks for your interest.

Likewise, upvote, any news on availability as been holding off buying alternate systems waiting for this and getting very frustrated…

1 Like

Does anyone know if the US version just works here? I’ve brought Google products overseas before and they work in Australia, just not sold and complied here? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

also keen to know this

1 Like

Different regions have different rules and regulations surrounding Z-Wave devices and home security devices. We do not advise trying to utilize a Ring Alarm system purchased from the U.S. in Australia, as it likely will not work properly. We do not have any information on future product or feature releases.

Release Ring Alarm in Australia for sale !!!

2 Likes