Annual charge for monthly subscription

I just renewed my Ring subscription, after receiving an email stating that my previous card had expired. Because of this, my subscription had expired when checking online. I took the opportunity to switch from an annually charged subscription to a monthly charged.

However, this morning I checked my card statement and it appears I have been charged the annual fee, rather than the monthly fee chosen. Can you please sort this out?

Hi @davemate23. To get this sorted, please contact our support team. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I tried, but for whatever ridiculous reason, you’ve removed the option for chat or email so I posted on here instead. I don’t see how you can justify removing chat and email services which allow you to respond to more people than a phone call. I don’t have the time to sit on a phone at the moment. I may just cancel my subscription instead - it seems like the easier option.

Hi @davemate23. With safety and wellness in mind, we’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. Whenever time permits, you can contact our support team by using the link in my previous post.

Hi there, @KristinaRing! When you add a new device to your account and get an additional Ring Protect Basic plan, you will be charged a prorated rate for the remaining difference in months between your new product’s inception date and the old product’s billing date (after the 30-day trial ends). This will get both products on the same billing cycle. Once the yearly plan billing date comes around again, both products will be charged for a year.

As an example: Device A is subscribed on January 1, 2020 for $30, that means the next billing date is January 1, 2021. Device B is subscribed on July 1, 2020 for a Basic yearly plan. On July 1, 2020, you will pay $15 for Device B for the period from July 1, 2020 to January 1, 2021. On January 1, 2021, you will be charged $60 for both devices and they both will renew on the same billing cycle going forward. Feel free to check out our help center article about subscription plans for more tips on upgrading or changing plans. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: