Alexa triggers and conditions

The Ring system is a great basic alarm but falls short on home automation.

It would be great if the system could do the following with an Alexa Routine:

1. Trigger lights to go on at sunset IF the system was disarmed.
    Alexa routines do not have a conditional statement for the alarm status (armed, away, stay).

2. When disarming the ring alarm, set the HVAC system to go into the regular program.
    Alexa routines do not have a parameter for the HVAC Mode (hold vs run program, only the current temperature which forces it into a permanent hold).

3. Daytime or Night time hours
    I want to create a rule that turns on pathway lighting if it is night time (aka between sunset and sunrise)

4. Delayed action on rules
    I want to create a rule that turns pathway lighting off 15 minutes after the rule triggered.

Hi @drwho1970. Great suggestion here! I suggest adding the features that are specific to Ring to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

For the features that involve Alexa and Alexa Routines, try here.

1 Like