Alexa should be able to independently turn on and off the lighting to camera(s) (flood light and spot light) with lights by voice command

Currently, the lighting for the ring camera(s), (i.e. the spot light cameras and the flood light cameras) do not work with Alexa. It is not working at its full and basic function of its advertised name and integration of the Alexa app. The Alexa cannot in the same manner activate the lights to turn them on nor turn them off. it would only seem prudent that it operate in the full capacity as such described. Otherwise, it is deemed as an operating device working in half of its full potential and half of its most basic function. Thank You for your time and consideration.
Alexa should be able to independently turn on and off the lighting to camera(s) (flood light and spot light) with lights by voice command.

I don’t see any mention of controlling the lights for those devices.
Helping your Ring Devices work with Alexa – Ring Help
If you have a feature suggestion you should post it here ( Latest Products/Feature Request Board topics - Ring Community) for folks to vote on. Once it receives enough votes Ring DEVs might take notice and add it to a future release.

1 Like

I thought that’s what I did. What did I do wrong?

Post your feature suggestion in the Feature Request Board that I provided a link to.

1 Like

Ok, that’s the board I was on and I selected the, “new topic” button with the plus. And that’s how I submitted the first time. So in doing that, what else was I suppose to do?

Hi @bellhop. You initially added your post to the Integrations board, but I have moved it over to the Feature Request board for you. When you were creating the post, you must have selected the Integrations board from the drop-down, but no worries, as your post is in the right spot now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, Thank You Caitlyn. I do not understand this chat forum yet. Seems simple but it’s actually not very simple. That or I just did not understand how it’s supposed to work. LOL. Thank You for your time and consideration. i appreciate it.