Alexa routines and A19 smart bulbs

I have attempted setting up a couple of routines for two of my A19 smart bulbs, one that would turn the front door light bulb on if a certain camera detected motion, and the other that would turn the back porch bulb on if the motion detector attached to the Echo Flex detected motion next to the back door. While both routines activate the bulbs, the bulbs turn off almost immediately after being activated even though I have them set to stay on for five minutes in the routine. I did find out with the back porch bulb that if I set the routine to turn on the “back” group which contains my camera and the bulb the lights then stay on for the specified time, but it also turns the camera light on, which I don’t want. Any idea how I can just get the bulb itself to stay on without having to turn on the entire group?

Hi @pdeethardt. The only way to get your Smart Light to turn on via a routine, would be to use the Light Groups and your Ring Bridge. Only the lights in the selected group will turn on. You can select certain lights in a group to not turn on when motion is detected. I hope this information helps. If you are still unable to get this to operate as expected, you can contact our support team to assist! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks! Apparently I didn’t read the documentation thoroughly enough.

1 Like