Alexa routine trigger for when alarm is going off

Add option to setup routine that will turn on light switches (z-wave) and Spotlight lights when the alarm is alarming in both away and home modes

1 Like

I’m trying to work out a way to trigger my existing Hue lights to turn on if my Ring alarm is alarming. I specifically don’t want it to be based on the state of individual sensors, which there seems to be no way to set as state dependent in an Alexa routine (ie only if Ring alarm in away mode etc). Ring allows Alexa routines to be triggered based on armed status, and I was wondering if there’s any way to expand this to include whether the alarm is currently sounding? Thanks!

1 Like

I see my post has been merged into this, didn’t realise it was an existing thread. Any movement Ring?

1 Like

I am still waiting for this as of 04/09/2022

1 Like

Is this still not an option?

1 Like

Really surprised we can’t do this. Please add this feature. I would want the option to turn lights on dusk to dawn when in home or away mode and the alarm delay entry or alarm bell is going off.

1 Like

I dabble in programming and this seems like it would be such an EASY thing to add. @staff why are you not taking customer feedback and implementing this? As a customer who purchased a ring alarm and may potentially consider purchasing the remote monitoring plan, I can’t in good conscience do that if you can’t implement one of the most menial, but important, features customers are requesting. I don’t remember which one, but someone I spoke with even said a competitor of yours has this feature.

49 people have voted on this feature, hardly a widely requested feature out of the probable millions of users.
Wait until the votes get into the 100s then Ring DEVs might notice it and consider for a future release.