Alexa routine trigger for when alarm is going off

Right now when setting up an Alexa routine for the Ring Alarm, the available triggers are “When Ring is set to”

• Armed Away
  • Disarmed
  • Armed Stay

Please add “Alarming” so that we can use Alexa routines to automatically perform tasks (like turning on all the lights in the house) when the Ring alarm is triggered.

This is one of the biggest flaws in the system. It is insane that there is no trigger for Alarm Triggered.

5 Likes

Agreed!!! Why not have a routine to activate your lights so you can actually SEE who’s breaking into your house!!! Fix this!

5 Likes

Is it even possible to do an Alexa routine for when you set alarm to stay mode (for example) as the trigger and then add an action , like turn a light on?

I’ve tried it and it doesn’t seem to work, unless I’m doing something wrong…

You should be able to create a routine to do that, like this:

Alexa Guard can also control/randomize your lighting when you arm Ring in away mode. I use Homeseer to handle all the automations, but do have a lot of routines in Alexa that toggle “virtual” devices in Homeseer based on Ring devices (contact sensors, motion sensors, etc.).

1 Like

I bought this ring system thinking it had this capability. It’s a standard option in my opinion. It was therefore a disappointment that it is not possible to activate the lights while the alarm is triggered.
Any news on this (old) topic?

4 Likes

Still waiting on the ability to create routines based on an “alarm is going off” event, sadly.

4 Likes

It’d be great if when the alarm goes off I can get Alexa to say “the cops are gonna get you suckas!!”

3 Likes

Alarm triggered would be a good routine to enable to turn on all outside lighting and all indoor lighting (user selected of course).

3 Likes

Yes still need this feature on Jan 2022

Useful for things such as turning on lights, getting Alexa to play funny things like police sirens (ok joking really)

But a useful tool if we could select alarm trigger that’s for sure.

5 Likes

I just bought this system thinking this feature would be available. Please add.

3 Likes

My 6 year old Vivint system could do this. I just switched over to Ring, really surprised this isn’t an option, disappointing

3 Likes

Added another vote. A must have, getting in the way of improving my home security overall.

3 Likes

Very strange that this is possible on sensor actions but not when it is most needed -when alarm goes off.

2 Likes

This needs to be added should be a very easy thing to do you would think. I want the lights to come on when alarm is triggered!! Please make this happen!!!

3 Likes

People we need to figure out how to get this more votes from the community. Much needed feature. I feel like this system is so archaic in so many ways…

3 Likes

We need this feature yesterday. It should be an extremely simple function to implement. Why this isn’t already a feature boggles my mind.

2 Likes

Please make this routine available asap.

3 Likes

Ring people, Hello!!

4 Likes

Another +1

This is crazy that it’s not already a feature. Huge value here! Get this on the roadmap ASAP.

3 Likes