Hi there, I have just bought the classic ring door-bell integration and am trying to make it work with Alexa.
I have set it up with Alexa, so that it will inform me when somebody rings. That works fine. Alexa also lists the device in the Alexa app under devices.
However, I cannot get it to open a voice channel to the door nor unlock the door. Alexa claims that it doesn’t know the device. The conversation will go sth like this (from memory and translated from German):
Alexa: “Somebody has rang at ”.
Me: “Alexa, speak with ”
Alexa: “Sorry, I cannot find a device or contact called ”
Me: “Alexa, unlock ”
Alexa: “Sorry, I cannot find a device or group called ”
Me: “Alexa, what devices are connected?”
Alexa: “This feature is not yet supported”
- The device is configured as both in Alexa and in Ring.
- I have removed skill and device and re-added it.
- The device configuration in Alexa suggests to start with “Alexa, speak with ”.
- I can open and answer the door using the app.
- Alexa can access the internet to play music or answer questions.
- I have tried different words for but couldn’t get it to work.
Any ideas, what else I could try?