Alexa Commands to snooze all alerts

I think it would be super helpful if we could say something like “Alexa, snooze Ring alerts for 1 hour” and/or change modes via alexa commands

4 Likes

Snooze motion alerts via Alexa

There is a thread where a lot of people are asking for the ability to snooze motion alerts via Alexa:

If possible, please do two things:

1. make the Alexa Ring Skill honor the mobile app motion snooze setting

2. add an Alexa Ring Skill to snooze motion detection, like the mobile app

that way motion snooze is a bi-directional option from either Alexa or the Ring Mobile App

(motion detection announcements are a great feature you added, however without this flexibility people will tend to disable it because at times it becomes very annoying- cutting grass, working in the yard).

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Integrations/Ring-Alexa-Skill-Motion-Snooze-Integrations-Feature-Request/td-p/5833/highlight/false

4 Likes

Yes, I am going crazy with Alexas talking, even though I snooze the Ring. But I would like some of my Alexas (Echo, Show, EcobeThermostat) to work with Ring.

1 Like

Same problem. Snooze should silence ring motion alerts on echo devices. I havent bought any more ring cameras because of this issue. The problem has bounced around the mesage boards for over a year.

1 Like

Alexa devices should honor the snooze command issued to the cameras. Come on now… I see a thread that was started more than year ago about this. really?

Since Amazon owns Ring, it makes total sense for the Alexa app to have a snooze feature like Ring does. There are times when I am working outside and do not need to have my echo Shows announce my movements. I have been disabling the Ring skill to mute the announcements but its not ideal because then I have to log in to enable the skill.

Adding a snooze feature is the best way. Please add this.

It is driving me up the wall to the point where I am seriously considering ditching all my Ring / Alexa
equipment

Seriously? Nothing!?

Any updates? When my gardener comes Ring makes Alexa go crazy, even though Ring is supposed to be snoozed.

It’s a little disturbing that no one from Ring has replied or even commented on this thread. I’m not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. Customer service from Ring has always been superb but this lack of any response is a little puzzling. Would really like to have Alexa snooze alerts when Ring snoozes.

Hi @Tinman507. The Community operates as a neighbor-to-neighbor forum rather than a direct line to our support team. The Feature Request board helps us to organize and share these requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. If we ever have an update to share on any particular request or suggestion that is posted here, we will follow up in the appropriate threads once we have any information to share. I hope that helps clarify things. :slight_smile: