I cannot discover my Ring Floodlight Cam in the Alexa app using the Ring Alexa skill. I have tried every possible troubleshooting step multiple times:
- disabled/re-enabled the Ring Alexa skill
- removed the camera from the Ring app and added it again
- unplugged the camera for 30 seconds and plugged it in again
- unplugged an echo device for 30 seconds and plugged it in again
- connected my Ring account to IFTTT (the camera appeared in IFTTT when I did this!)
- installed the Alexa app and the Ring app on a completely different smartphone
- attempted to discover devices while the camera was in setup mode
Nothing works. Ring support will not acknowledge that this is a known issue. Multiple users have posted feedback for the Alexa skill indicating that they cannot discover the Floodlight Cam. Some users have even stated that other Ring products are discovered successfully, but the Floodlight Cam is not discoverable.
I have many smart home devices integrated with Alexa. I even have a Nest Cam Outdoor IQ integrated with Alexa. I was going to sell the Nest camera and switch to Ring exclusively due to reports of better Alexa integration with Ring cameras. I am shocked that Alexa cannot even discover the Ring Floodlight Cam!