Alexa app routine

I am trying to use an Alexa routine to display ring videos on my echo show when motion is detected, it is fine if the bell is pushed or the door knocked.

There is an Alexa routine that should work but it requires a “custom” option I can’t see this option and wonder if it is available in the UK version of the app.

OR

Is there any other way of making it display on the Echo show when motion is detected.

For two companies both owned by Amazon I would expect better integration.

Hi @Bob1234. Live View can only be automatically pulled up when there is a Doorbell push, not when there is motion. As we value your feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbours to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbours that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi @Bob1234. Live View can only be automatically pulled up when there is a Doorbell push, not when there is motion. As we value your feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbours to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbours that come to this thread can easily find your feature !

@Tom Ring

Thank you, it is a feature that should be included without asking, and available on practically all other security cameras. A security camera that does not display when there is a security breach is hardly a security camera, even the adverts imply that it can, reported to the ASA.

However it is possible using an Alexa routine.

The problem to run thus routine it needs the “custom” option and I am trying to find out why I can’t see this option, routine below.

Open the Amazon Alexa App to create the 1st Routine;

Select -> More

Select -> Routines

Select -> + to add a new routine

Select -> + Enter routine name – example-> FD-Cam Show

Select -> Next

Select -> + When this happens

Select -> Smart Home

Select -> FrontDoorCamera (or whatever you called your doorbell/camera)

Select -> Motion

Select -> Detected

Select -> Next

Select -> + Add action

Select -> Custom (scroll to the bottom of the list, also this Custom action has to be the last item in the Routine…)

Input -> type in the input field–> Show Front Door (this will tell Alexa to Start Showing Live View at the FrontDoorCamera)

Select -> Next (You will see this entered in the Action section as the Command, “Alexa, Show Front Door”)

Scroll down if needed

Select -> From \ Choose Device

Select -> your “Echo Show Device” that you want the Live View camera to be shown on

Select -> Save