Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
U
Alert Snooze
negative-feedback
app-settings
app-request

Thank you Ring for adding an extra unnecessary step to the Alert Snooze, whereby we now pointlessly have to click one more time to achieve the same results as previously. While I’m at it, the arbitrary number of hours you allow one to pick aren’t very useful. Take for example 12h. What was the thinking behind it? Was it the time someone might be home from work, thereby not requiring notifications? No, if an average workday is 8h, maybe 9h, and an hour for commute, that leaves a 14h window one would be home (and want alerts snoozed for). Or alternatively, if cameras are set up at work, how long would I want to snooze those for when working? 8h on the dot? What if the traffic is lighter and I get there a bit earlier, and then close to the end of my workday I start getting motion notifications? I wouldn’t have selected the 8h, I would have selected the 12h, yes. But then, what if someone broke in right after I left? I wouldn’t have known that happened till the next day…

My point is, please let us chose our own number of hours to snooze. And please allow us to have that option saved for easier choice selection. Wouldn’t it be amazing if that personal preference choice could turn on directly from a separate square in the camera setting menu? (saving even more clicks!) Thank you

14-12-2023 09:19:07

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User