Alarm Siren now can link to Camera Siren!

Now when the Alarm Base Station siren goes off, the Ring cameras (that have siren feature) can also automatically sound off with their siren too!

• Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Linked Devices > Alarm Sounding > select “Explanation-Point” Icon for the cameras you wish to sound off their siren with the Base Station > then “Save”.

The Ring Indoor Camera and outdoor-mounted Ring Security Cameras can all siren and record when triggered by the Alarm Base Station . . . Wonderful! Thank you Ring! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can confirm this works in the UK as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Harry. I do not have the Alarm system. Does this mean I need it to have the base station to make this work? I wanted to put a sensor in the garage as a second line of deterrent if the floodlight cam and light were ignored at night. Cheers

1 Like

Hi there, @rob040669! The Ring app presents many opportunities to use the linked devices feature, depending on how many and which Ring devices you own. For the Alarm system siren linking to Camera sirens, this would require an Alarm Base Station as this component is the central hub for communicating between your home network and your other Alarm devices (sensors, dome siren, etc). I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our floodlight cam siren doesn’t seem very loud.

Now there is a Ring Outdoor Siren!

You can add several Outdoor Sirens all synced to the same single Ring Alarm Base Station (as long as the total number of sensors & keypads & other connected alarm devices do not exceed 99 items). It is compatible with either the 1st or 2nd Generation Alarm Base Stations.

Additionally, you can link you Ring cameras (Indoor or Outside) to have them record video but also have your Ring camera Sirens also scream (but not doorbells) when the Alarm Base Station is triggered too! The Outdoor Siren also has flashing LED lights to help others more quickly identify your home. So, it is possible to leave no doubt outside that your house is alarming!

In the U.S. and Canada, you can now also pre-order the new Ring Outdoor Siren Alarm with Lights!
Expecting shipping to start on 3/31/2021 on these pre-orders.

For in the U.K., I believe Ring will start accepting pre-orders on 3/31/2021 and you can enter your email address on this link below to be notified when pre-orders start there.

The Outdoor Siren’s volume siren is adjustable and when set on its highest setting, it is over 100+ dB at 1m. It has five volume settings between silent and maximum volume. By default, the volume will play at the lowest volume and only play for 3 minutes, so you’ll have to change the default setting if you want it set on high.

It also has a cool “Dusk to Dawn” feature to make it look like a lighted security sign at night, but to use this feature you will have to connect it to a secondary power source.

It can be battery-powered (D-cell batteries included), hardwired to a power source or connected to a Ring Solar Panel (requires a Quick Release Battery Pack for solar use, sold separately)

I’m looking forward to getting this Outdoor Siren too! :smile:

1 Like

I really don’t want such obvious Ring branding on the outside of my house. Wish there was an all white cover that doesn’t stick out so much.

1 Like

I need this outdoor siren but the US version says it doesn’t exist!

The integrated camera siren is a great feature but it doesn’t work on all cameras

I have a few types of stick up cams
3 plug in gen 2
1 battery gen 2
1 plug in with battery installed gen 3

The alarm integration does not work on the gen 3. It would be great if it would work on this camera as well.

Any Update? Is there anything planned to have a non-branded bezel available?
Guess more and more people will use RING - then the bad ones will start to learn and
find vulnerabilities of the system …