Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
K
Alarm notification via SMS
alarm
notifications
app-request
I would like to see Ring add SMS text messages as an option for alarm notifications. We use a door sensor to alert us to when the milk man drops off milk and eggs and other products into a box in front of our house. Since I receive multiple notifications daily, I tend to ignore most of them. Since notifications just drop out of sight eventually, having a text message instead or in addition would make it nearly impossible for me to miss the notice that the milk is now getting warm and could spoil if I don't remember to pull it from the delivery box. I would like to be able to set multiple recipients in the family to get the text message.

25-08-2023 04:08:33

Responses (3)

S
You can use Alexa to do that. But you have to give Alexa access to your contacts and setup the messaging capabilities with those contacts. Technically it's not SMS but it is as close as you can get. After that is setup you would need to create a routine when the sensor is opened and then you would a custom action that would basically be like "Send message to {number} with Milk Man has made a delivery." Create that for each phone number and it should work.

25-08-2023 06:19:59

E

It is a huge flaw that Ring Alarm does NOT send text for sensors and motion. There should be an option to receive text messages when a door sensor, window sensor or motion is detected.

Push notifications may not come thru based on wifi and they are difficult to see because they don’t remain on your phone screen. A text message will be easily seen and it remains on your screen so that you can be notified quickly if a sensor or motion is detected. Every other alarm system has had this feature for years. If I knew Ring didn’t have this feature I never would have purchased it.

30-12-2023 01:12:58

J

I know a number of people who have chosen not to use the Ring alarm because of this lack of a text messing system.

In my case, I would like such a message to be sent to our security company’s monitoring centre.

04-03-2024 04:05:30

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User