Alarm Feature Update: Linked Devices Camera Siren

Our team is always working hard to bring you new integrations with your Ring devices. This update to your Linked Devices now allows you to set any Ring camera with a siren to sound when your Alarm is triggered. Learn more about how you can update this in your settings by following the steps below.

How to Turn On Your Siren feature in Linked Devices

• In your Ring mobile app, open the main menu in the top left hand corner and select Devices.
  • Select your Ring Alarm and then select the Linked Devices menu.
  • Select Alarm Sounding in the Linked Devices menu.

• Tap the exclamation icon for cameras you would like the siren to sound from during Alarm events.

LInked Devices Selection

• You are all set and ready to have your Camera sirens alarm when your system is triggered.

Are you excited for this feature update? Tell us how you plan to use it in the replies below.

9 Likes

Yes - this is a great new feature. I have several floodlight cams and it’s good to ensure the sirens are now utilised automatically in an alarm situation - many thanks!

2 Likes

This is a fantastic feature, and one that I’ve been wanting since I got my Ring alarm. Great to finally see it in production! Thank you, Ring team.

2 Likes

Once the ring cameras with sirens are linked to the alarm system, will triggering the SOS button in the app sound all the sirens (both alarm base station siren and ring camera sirens)? Thanks!

I don’t think I would want the siren on any motion. But if you could blare the siren when geese are detected in my yard… now you got something.

1 Like

I recently purchased two 3rd gen stick up cameras and discovered that even when linked to the alarm base station and programmed to siren when the alarm is activated, the cameras siren is not being initiated. After speaking with a ring representative I was informed this function is not available. Has anyone else had this same issue? Was this feature recently discontinued? Why would the base station allow you to link a camera and program it to siren if this function does not work?

3 Likes

Same issue with my stickup cams. One is wired and one is battery but I have no option to link the sirens as the stickup cam image in the screenshot above.

Hi @willdy. Do you have a Ring Alarm Security system that’s also set up on your Ring account along with your Stickup Cams? This feature update allows you to link your Cameras to your Ring Alarm so that the sirens on the Cameras can also be triggered in the event that your alarm is triggered. If you don’t have a Ring Alarm, you won’t see this feature available.

1 Like

Caitlyn, I set my 3 outdoor cameras up to siren when this feature was first announced and tested it. I just purchased an additional camera, and when I went to linked devices, the siren feature is now missing from the app screen on all of the cameras - only a ‘Record Event’ icon shows - , and it no longer works. Was this removed from the system without notifying anybody?

Thanks

Hi @RonE. This feature was not removed. In the Ring app, ensure you’re going to Devices > Alarm Base Station > Linked Devices > Alarm Sounding to see the options to have your Linked Devices record or have their siren trigger, if the device has a siren. If you tap on the Entry Delay option, you will only see the record option.

Sorry for the delay in responding. When I do that process, each camera (Stickup Cam Ver 2, I think, battery powered with solar cell ) now shows only the ‘camera’ icon to Record Event. They no longer show the siren icon, even though when the feature was announced last year, I set all of them up to alarm when the base station alarmed using that same process, and tested each of them to make sure it worked. Sometime in the past year, it was removed from the app (Android) and apparently the base station (not Pro), and they no longer alarm. I need this to work since Ring has removed their own outside alarm siren and, from what I’ve seen, still doesn’t support any 3rd party alarms.

@RonE Can you please share a screenshot showing that the siren option is no longer available under the Linked Devices feature from the Ring Alarm settings? I would also recommend ensuring that your Ring app is fully updated.

I have set all this up, alarm is working fine, I have two stick up cams and have setup as linked devices to record and sound the sirens when the base station alarm goes off, however the cams start recording but doesnt set off the sirens, any ideas?

1 Like

OK so I spoke to support on the phone and they acknowledged that this is a bug and will be fixed, do any mods on here have at ETA on this fix?

Well, I found that problem but discovered another worse one. I found that my phone Android version is too old for the new Ring app to update, so it is no longer listed in Google Play. Odd that the siren setting showed up there for the past year but doesn’t anymore, though.

However, I installed the app on my tablet, and the siren setting does now show up for the cameras. But when I set off the alarm, the outside cameras still did not sound a siren. Any ideas on that? (This is Ring base station 1, not Pro.)

Thanks,

Ron

1 Like

This is the fix they mentioned, they said it should be soon

1 Like

I’m considering purchasing the alarm to be able to set off the siren on our floodlights. We often have people loitering on our property late at night, and I’d like to be able to have the siren automatically go off while people are detected and automatically shut off when the motion stops. Can the alarm do this? I don’t want to have to manually shut it off at 3 a.m. every time someone comes on the property.

Hi @user22118. No, the sirens on the Cameras can not be automatically activated when the Cameras detect motion when linked with the Alarm. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

I have stick up cameras and I have selected this option but when I set off the siren, I do not hear the cameras siren, only the home base will sound the siren.

1 Like

I have a Ring Alarm Pro. I see no linked devices following the instructions above. I have a few First Alert z-wave smoke/CO alarms. Can I link these items so that their sirens are triggered when my alarm siren is triggered? Thanks.

1 Like