After changing wifi modem, our devices won't connect; says they belong to a different owner

We changed our wifi modem and tried to reconnect our ring devices following the wizard. They appear to try to connect but then we get a message that says “This device is still registered to its owner.” We are the owner and are using the same email and account. We can’t figure out how to connect the devices. Does anyone know what we need to do?

Hey @conpete1. Are the devices still showing up in your app? You will need to make sure you reconnect the devices in the Ring app under the owners account in order to reconnect them to the new wifi system. If you go into the Ring app > Main menu > Devices > And go one device at a time > Device Health > You will tap on reconnect or change wifi network through here. If you cannot locate the devices in your Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

no - this solution requires me to remove my doorbell which is firmly connected to my home to press an orange button. There has to be an easier way.

The simplest way to fix it after getting a new router is to change the new router’s SSID and password to the old one’s. It will connect with no issues usually.

And the doorbell has 1 screw on the bottom that requires the bit and handle that came with it to remove the doorbell. Takes a minute to screw off if even.