Adjust Ring notification volume in ring app

Most of my notification come through the ring app on my laptop. The ring notification is always at maximum volume and it’s often too much. It would be nice to be able to set the volume of the alerts in the app separate from just turning my speakers down.

I agree. The Ring App needs it’s own volume separate from the phone. When wearing headphones it’s dangerously loud when the ring app notifies.

1 Like

The Ring app for phone sounds for activity are way to short and cannot be volume controlled. This is a security problen when you are away from the installation.

1 Like

When the phone is connected to a hearing aid, the overly-loud Ring notification goes directly to the user’s eardrum. My spouse had to jerk their hearing aids out and was whimpering in pain.

1 Like

I’m ready to chuck ring because these motion notifications cannot be made quieter, even using my iPhone volume buttons. MAJOR FLAW!!

1 Like

This issue drives me mad. Every time I listen to the music in AirPods, the notification sound is just deafening! And because I am getting 2 notification for EVERY event (this is another known issue if rich notifications enabled), I have to suffer from the deafening sound 2 times! Ring, pull your sh*t together, fix this ASAP.

2 Likes

Has Ring done anything about this? The Ring app blew out one of my hearing aids. I need to be able to keep Bluetooth on so I can use the hearing aid app but when I contacted Ring customer support they told me to turn off the alerts!!! What good is a security system without alerts??

1 Like

I use bluetooth earpiece with my phone while working (shop owner/mechanic) so i can answer calls and keep working. the ring notifications through my bluetooth earpiece is so loud and obnoxious that it’s painful. Only options are to remove the earpiece (and either not answer calls or not hear calls) or snooze the ring notifications and not hear customers showing up. Inappropriate lack of features.

1 Like

I agree this is horrible!

1 Like

I get frustrated that when I turn my phone media volume down it turns off my ring notification volume. I have go back to settings to turn my notifications volume back on. I wish the volumes were separate for that reason!

There was another request to allow the notification to be adjusted independently from other applications (App Notification Volume in Android) but this one got locked. This was created in Feb but closed in March. These two threads should be merged to combine the votes because this is REALLY irritating.

We currently have a choice of playing the windchime notification at normal volume whilst making other notifications inaudible or playing other notifications at normal volume whilst being deafened by the windchimes when motion is detected.

If it’s not technically possible to allow independent volume setting for the Ring app notifications, please add a new notification sound called Windchimes (Quieter) with the same sound but at a lower volume. Perhaps it would be better to have several levels called Windchimes (Level x) where x is a number that indicates the volume level.

1 Like

I don’t understand why there is no volume control. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and is disrupting during the day. I’m ready to just silence all motion which defeats the purpose of having it

Any updates on this? Trying to lower mobile alert volume, and so far can only do it for the Chime device, not phone alerts.