Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
B
Adjust alarm siren volume or have a silent alarm
app-settings
alarm
app-request
I would like the option for a silent alarm instead of having the siren go off.

08-05-2021 12:17:26

Responses (52)

L
I would like the option to not use the Siren at all, where I live it is useless and would anoy the dogs. I would rather just have notifications. Thank you

30-03-2020 10:41:36

T
I would also like this, or at least an option to lower the volume. When I'm at home I need the alarm to be loud enough to wake me up, not to blow out my eardrums.

16-04-2020 01:02:44

C
This would be nice too as I have pets that are sensitive to loud noises.

18-05-2020 11:22:24

P
I would also like the option to disable the siren, and only trigger notifications when in home or away mode.

25-07-2020 03:59:01

D
Yes. Please make the option to disable the siren and/or adjust the volume. It would also be great to trigger any, or all exterior camera sirens instead of the interior base station siren.

02-09-2020 10:18:37

M
Agree. But Ring won't care or implement the feature. Even if 100s beg for it and its common sense.

26-07-2022 06:49:24

A
what about being able to disable the base station alarm on the stay and away arming modes, and have also the option to adjust the volume of the alarm, and the type of alarm sound

26-09-2020 05:44:36

A
I, too, definitely need a volume control for the base station. I have a Ring Alarm system in a condo and I only want to use it to notify me when I am home or away. I am not permitted to have the volume at a level where it either bothers the tenant above me or can be heard outside. It can definitely be heard outside. I need this feature asap.

15-10-2020 11:17:13

B
I understand the value of the alarm, and that most people want it as loud as possible. I would MUCH rather be able to disable it or adjust the volume. This is especially true while learning the system. I have too many people in the house, and the likelihood of a "real" alarm is too small, to have a 104 decibel false alarm every time a window is opened while people are learning the system. Is there any disadvantage to allowing the user to make this seemingly simple adjustment? Why not let the user make the choice?

11-12-2020 10:53:21

E
I would love for this to be implemented, as I live in a two bedroom apartment and I don't want neighbors to have to listen to the siren, especially when I test or accidentally set the alarm off at three in the morning. I placed the ring hub in a closet and covered the ring keypad speaker with tape. The problem is placeing the hub in a closet compromises its ability to comunicate with devices, and placeing tape on the keypad makes it less aesthetically pleasing. I do think that the current sound is loud and affective at getting rid of an intruder, but it would be nice to be able to change the sound to something like a high low tone or a voice telling the intruder to exit immediately.

25-12-2020 08:49:07

M
in the past days I have tried to get some support on this, I want to disable the sirene or lower the volume and I can't I understand that ring believes it's a security issue to disable the sirene, but I believe this should be also a customer decision. will it be possible to have at least a volume option to reduce the sound of the sirene? will be great if we can all vote on this feature

28-12-2020 04:14:23

J
I also live in a very rural area so a siren is not even going to be heard. Would like to be able to at least control the siren volume

31-12-2020 10:40:26

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User