@Timdugan That’s not a bad idea! If possible, let’s give it a try. The only way to create a new Location is to setup a device, so let’s go through a fake setup to create the location. I’ll outline this for you here:
- Go into the Ring app and open the Main Menu.
- Select Set Up a Device.
- Tap on Doorbells, Scan Code, and then the question mark at the bottom right.
- Tap on “I’ve tried scanning, and it’s not working,” and then Ring Video Doorbell.
- It will ask you for a pin code so tap on “Help Me Find PIN Code,” and then “No Pin Code.”
- Now you can create the new location! Tap on Create a new location, and then hit continue.
- It will have you confirm if you want to do this, which you can then confirm and create the new location. From here, lets spoof it with an address that’s a street over but in your neighborhood. Once you create the location, just cancel out of the setup.
Now, if you go back into the Main Menu, tap on the location name above your Dashboard button and ensure you on this now fake location we made. Go into the Dashboard, and tell me if the Nearby Incidents is accurate for your Neighborhood! If it is, then go back into the Main Menu > Settings > Change Address and see if you can fix the address in the app, and then see if the Nearby Incidents stays in the same area. If all is well, make sure your address is updated accordingly, and follow onto the last step for us to do below!
From here, we need to move the devices over to the right location that has the correct Nearby Incidents. You will toggle back over to the location that has your devices, and then go into the Main Menu > Devices > Click on each device one at a time > Device Settings > General Settings > Location > Select the new location and hit save at the top right. This will move all of your devices over to the right location, leaving you set for future! You may need to adjust any plans you have on the account so that they are on the new location, which you can learn more about here. Let me know if you’re able to do this and how it works out!