Address showing incorrect on map

I have a newer house and when i put my address into my Ring account it seems to find it just fine, but its showing me on the map in the incorrect location. Its putting me several miles away from where I actually am which is skewing the notifications I would get for neighborhood incidents.

I can put the wrong address into Ring so I get proper notifications for my direct area but that really doesnt do me any good if I were to actually have an issue and needed police assistance.

2 Likes

Hi @Timdugan - We’ll take a look into this for you - I just want to confirm that this is the Ring App not Neighbors App?

I’m sorry, I never saw there was a reply. Yes, this is within the ring app while setting up my address and notification radius.
I’ve attached a photo of what it shows when I have my correct address entered, and a red dot that shows where my house actually is

Hey @Timdugan. Thank you for showing us that screenshot! Chiming in for Jennifer here. Are you able to drag around those blue circles to make your own circle around where you actually live? This should help you get more accurate notifications for your area! :slight_smile:

Thanks for responding Chelsea, I think the issue is now that it still just sees my neighborhood as Brookhollow rather than Cantarra like it should because the map isn’t finding my address properly so alerts like I just received about porch pirates near brookhollow arent super relevant. I’m not sure if it’s something that can be fixed or if I should spoof an address in my neighborhood that shows up a street over from where I am so at least it’s Reporting the correct neighborhood.

@Timdugan That’s not a bad idea! If possible, let’s give it a try. The only way to create a new Location is to setup a device, so let’s go through a fake setup to create the location. I’ll outline this for you here:

• Go into the Ring app and open the Main Menu.
  • Select Set Up a Device.
  • Tap on Doorbells, Scan Code, and then the question mark at the bottom right.
  • Tap on “I’ve tried scanning, and it’s not working,” and then Ring Video Doorbell.
  • It will ask you for a pin code so tap on “Help Me Find PIN Code,” and then “No Pin Code.”
  • Now you can create the new location! Tap on Create a new location, and then hit continue.
  • It will have you confirm if you want to do this, which you can then confirm and create the new location. From here, lets spoof it with an address that’s a street over but in your neighborhood. Once you create the location, just cancel out of the setup.

Now, if you go back into the Main Menu, tap on the location name above your Dashboard button and ensure you on this now fake location we made. Go into the Dashboard, and tell me if the Nearby Incidents is accurate for your Neighborhood! If it is, then go back into the Main Menu > Settings > Change Address and see if you can fix the address in the app, and then see if the Nearby Incidents stays in the same area. If all is well, make sure your address is updated accordingly, and follow onto the last step for us to do below!

From here, we need to move the devices over to the right location that has the correct Nearby Incidents. You will toggle back over to the location that has your devices, and then go into the Main Menu > Devices > Click on each device one at a time > Device Settings > General Settings > Location > Select the new location and hit save at the top right. This will move all of your devices over to the right location, leaving you set for future! You may need to adjust any plans you have on the account so that they are on the new location, which you can learn more about here. Let me know if you’re able to do this and how it works out!

I have the same problem. I did remove my device and set it up again as instructed in another post. However that actually our w few more miles further away from the last wrong location.

“ It will ask you for a pin code so tap on “Help Me Find PIN Code,” and then “No Pin Code.””

• I tried thus as well, however this puts me into a loop. There is not an option for “no pin code”. The only option is to “enter pin code”.

I have also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again as well.

Any ideas or thoughts?
It would be nice if we could drag the blue pin/indicator manually and save it.

Thank you kindly,
Sarr

On the ring map, the street I live on is the extension of another street but has its own name, so on the Ring app map our street is wrongly named which is a problem. Can somebody from Ring check with the google map and correct the mistake? Thank you!!

Hi @Vanilla3255. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we cannot see any information related to your account. Could you please reach out to our support team directly regarding this question? You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: