Address not accepted for professional monitoring

I am a Protect Plus subscriber, but can’t enable professional monitoring. I called support for help and they told me that Ring can’t monitor Ontario Canada, but this is not true because if I enter a different Ontario address it works just fine.

I am trying to monitor a cottage, and possibly the road I’m on or region I’m in is not supported.

Can somebody help me get a straight answer since telephone support gave me the wrong one? They may have been confused with Quebec.

Hey @okdylan. My apologises in advance, as it seems maybe the support agent was confused. Ring Alarm’s Professional Monitoring is available in the US and Canada, excluding Quebec. Whenever you input an address and it is not accepted, this could be because it is a cottage. Do you have your address registered with your local post office, or do you receive mail to this address? This is one of the ways we verify in the app if the address is a valid address for Professional Monitoring. I recommend ensuring you have mail delivered to your address, as if it is not verified with local post, you will want to do that. Once verified, or if you’re confident it is already verified and receive mail, please try signing up for Professional Monitoring on the website to see if this helps.

If you go to Ring.com and log in at the top right, you can hover over your name at the top right once logged in and select Settings. From there, click on Monitoring and walk through the same steps to sign up. In the event you may have the same error you did in the app, I would recommend reaching out to our support team again to look into this further. This is something normally escalated to our advanced support team to review further. Feel free to mention this on your call, and that you’ve called in about it before.

For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let me know the results! :slight_smile: