Adding a new (old) Chime

Hi I have a chime from a previous setup, linked to an old account. On 8th Dec, I attempted to add it to my current new setup and received an email saying that Ring had paused the setup and “If no action is taken with 14 days, this device will be unlinked from your Ring account and made available to set up for another Ring customer”. Great I thought. I tried again today, but alas now Ring is saying “Setup attempt blocked” and I have to log on and remove it from my old account. Well I cannot log on as Ring is trying to do two factor authentification and will not let me use anyting other than an old device or browser that I have logged on with before - I don’t have either of those things. How do I take control of my old Chime? Thanks

Hi @trekkingtracey. The Ring Community is a public forum, so we are unable to view any account-specific details such as device ownership. Please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look and find a solution that works for you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.