Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
D
Add sound detection on Cameras and Doorbells
hardwired-security-cameras
hardwired-video-doorbell
device-settings
app-request
Allow the plugged in internal cameras to enable baby mode. Sound and motion detection heightened. Echo show to show camera permanently no need to record.

04-04-2020 09:12:37

Responses (27)

D
After receiving notice from Cacoon Camera going out of business and removing their app support soon i ordered an indoor Ring cam. It would be nice to see an option that would alert you to you baby crying. I’m sure they were just using a tone recognition algorithm along with a decibel setting to notice the crying. This would be a huge push for the indoor camera and some excellent added support for parents.

27-04-2020 12:29:50

I
Is it possible to add the possibility for a Sound Alert in the Ring camera settings? So the camera/notifications come in the moment a sound is detected. In that way we can use the Ring Camera as a baby monitor too.. Please consider!

27-05-2020 11:07:53

J
Disappointing that my cheap tacky camera with no make pics up noise detection, but my ring indoor camera doesn’t! The area I need covered doesn’t always have motion but it’s the sound I needed to capture and this camera doesn’t! Needs needs to be an option! Pay all this money for half a job

26-10-2020 01:44:42

D
Still nothing I will buy two more cameras right now if it was a feature

25-11-2020 03:13:03

J
I use the ring indoor camera for a baby monitor it’s a crystal clear picture. But the only downside is when you have it on live view, after a while it will stop and come back to the main menu. Is there a way of keeping the live view up, or can I request the feature be added to a software update for the future? Possibly with more baby camera features added? As I said it’s the perfect camera for a baby monitor and would think it would be a huge seller if promoted as a feature!

20-04-2021 08:23:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User