Accessory Chimes WILL NOT change tone

I know this question has been asked before but the answer did not help. I’m creating a new topic so that maybe it will be seen AGAIN.

I have two accessory chimes (one upstairs and one downstairs) linked to my Ring doorbell. I’ve had the three pieces for 2-3 years. They actually work just fine but I can’t get the chimes to play any tone other the the default sound…which I can barely stand. When I first got the two chimes I had them playing the Westminster tone. At some point it reverted back to the default Ring doorbell tone and I can’t get it to change to anything else. When I got through the steps it appears to be making the change but it ultimately doesn’t. Very frustrating. What has happened? By the way, my phone (Android) is as up-to-date as it can possibly be and I have the latest version of the Ring app.

Hi @SuperCrewBear. This Help Center article here will show you how to change the Chime Tone. If this doesn’t seem to work, you’ll need to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.