Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
D
Access Code Longer Than 4 Digits
alarm
keypad
app-request
Currently Ring Alaram only allows for access codes that are 4 digits in length. However smart locks such as the Schlage allow for access codes that are 4-8 digits. I would really like to integrate my smart lock with my ring alarm but 4 digit restriction is not acceptable. Please implement the ability to have longer access codes at least for locks but preferabbly for both the alarm and locks.

31-03-2020 07:02:54

Responses (51)

W
I like the new Modes function where I can activate all of my Ring security cams with a single button. Are there any plans to scale this up to scheduling a daily time to automatically turn this on? I infrequently forget to activate my cams when I go to bed and this feature (automatic Away mode @ 10:00) would make this a perfect system for me. I use a combination of (2) Spotlight cams and (4) indoor cams. I like having the outdoor cams "live" 24/7, so having the remaining indoor cams switching on at 10:00 or whatever time I would choose would be appreciated.

01-04-2020 12:08:13

D
> @dacrawf wrote: > > Currently Ring Alaram only allows for access codes that are 4 digits in length. However smart locks such as the Schlage allow for access codes that are 4-8 digits. I would really like to integrate my smart lock with my ring alarm but 4 digit restriction is not acceptable. Please implement the ability to have longer access codes at least for locks but preferabbly for both the alarm and locks. I second this feature. I don't particularly like having just a 4-digit pin on my door lock. Please integrate 8-digit pins into Ring.

08-06-2020 08:49:01

D
At least 5 digits. Let's say you assign 50 codes of 4 digits. I think that means that the average number of guesses until hitting the right code would only be 20. With 5 digits, it would be a more reasonable 200. Ok, I think that is right, I am not a math expert. Of course there is no reason to have a limit at all.

04-02-2021 01:47:35

S
4 digits was ok for an alarm code but it is very poor security for a door lock. I was shocked to find a security system imposed such a weak security code system. My iPad is more secure than my front door lock.

18-07-2020 12:03:35

W
Agree. This is a huge security flaw. 4 digits for a door lock!? Come on Ring.

11-08-2020 12:56:43

M
This is a huge security breach for a system that is supposed to be a "security system". Amazing that Ring does not even care about this. Ring Alarm is reducing the strenght of devices connected to it (as mentioned above, Schlage allows 8 digit codes, but Ring limits it to 4 digits). For sure far from being a "security system"!!!

18-08-2020 07:42:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User