Ability to Reboot Devices From App

Ok. I saw several topics voting for this feature since 2018 and still haven’t been implemented. I had bad weather in my area and power was on and off then came off completely for several hours. When power was back on, 7 out of 12 ring cameras were connected to wifi and the other 7 were off completely despite me trying to reset the modem and routers. I also shut off the main breaker for several minutes to reset but the cameras still not connected.

I know the only way to solve this issue is to press the button on top of the camera, but seriously? I have a two-story house and most of my cameras mounted at the corners near the roof so now I have to climb way the hell up there just to press the button. Come on Ring, you can just add this feature to the next app update and I don’t see why a big company like this couldn’t solve this minor issue.

:point_right:[Please hit the blue VOTE button top left corner so Ring team can see this and fix it]! :point_left:

Hi @Zdosse. You can now reboot your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera from the Ring app as long as it is still online and connected to the internet. You can read more in our Help Center Article here . If you’re experiencing any concerns with the performance of your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera, you can use this feature to reboot it from within the Ring app as a troubleshooting step. As with all new features, this is on a slow rollout so you may not see the feature in your Ring app yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see the feature now. Thank you for listening

2 Likes