Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
M
Ability to filter motion alerts by person detected
motion-settings
app-request
Using the Ring Android app, seems to only way to filter events is by motion. Why not include a filter for people detected too? Otherwise its too cumbersome to sort through events in busy areas. Nest cameras offer this filter.

19-08-2022 02:13:31

Responses (9)

R
When viewing timeline History please add a filter for “Person Detected”. This will make it much easier to find what you are looking for when you are only interested in viewing “Person Detected” alerts.

06-06-2020 05:51:29

F
mysteryy - I don't use the Android version of the Ring app, so I'm not familiar with its capabilities. Am I correct in assuming, however, that you are referring to the Ring app History feature (rather than the Timeline feature)? For example, in the iPadOS version of the Ring app, selecting the “Filter Events by Type” radio button in the Timeline feature allows you to filter video clips in six categories, including “Person Detected”. I assume that this filter probably requires that: * The Person detection capability is turned on for the Ring device * The Ring device is NOT using Ring's End-to-End Encryption feature

20-08-2022 05:40:50

M
Yes, I am talking about the History, accessed from main menu or for each camera, individually. There is no way to select Person and filter on that. Nest allows you to do that, easily. Person detection capability is turned on and I am getting notifications when people are detected (which also includes squirrels, shadows, and bugs, lol)

20-08-2022 11:32:16

A
Currently if I go into my history on the iOS app I can filter the events by Ring, motion, live view, etc. However there is no option to filter motion alerts by if a person was detected or not. I get a lot of motion alerts caused by animals, I’d like to just see the alerts caused by people.

27-11-2022 06:27:29

U
hi i want this too please

06-01-2023 08:22:03

U
Please add person detected. It’s an option in the settings so it would be useful for that to be included in the filters too. I get lots of motion but would like to quickly narrow it down to people. Seems an important filter to have seeing as though it’s a security camera aimed at detecting and deterring people from entering your garden/property.

13-01-2023 09:51:57

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User