A19 Smart Bulb connects and then goes offline

I’ve been trying to solve this issue for a few weeks now. Every time I try to connect a A19 smart bulb to my Ring App, using an Echo 4 as the smart hub, it goes through the setup process, says it’s updating firmware, and then adds as a device. Sometimes is works the first time to add it, sometimes I have to try a few times but eventually I get it to add.

When it does add, I get an Alexa app notification that the device has been added and is available to control. From that point, I can’t get the A19 bulb to respond through either the Ring app or Alexa. When first added or when I flip the light switch on, I can see that it’s connected in the device health screen. After about a minute, it changes to Offline. See photo below.

I have tried to add the A19 several times using two different iPhones. I get the same problem each time. I have other smart bulbs from competitors that added to Alexa in less than 1 minute. I have read through other message threads but none of them show a solution that works. Why is this so complicated?

1 Like

Hi @shaunmacie. Since none of the suggestions here in the Ring Community have seemed to help, I suggest reaching out to our support team. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at what is happening here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Has there been any update on this?

Hey there, @K.sey! Check out our Help Center article for tips and best practices with Smart Lighting LED bulbs. Often times, when a Smart Light falls offline, it is due to interference or distance between the Bridge and light.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Tech support told me to buy a bridge because they were not trained in setting it up with th ech show

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.