A19 bulb flicker

Hi @DrMike. For assistance with this concern, you can reach out to our support team and they’ll be able to look into this and help get it sorted for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I’m having the flickering issue with one of my A19 bulbs. It’s not in a dimmable fixture or 3-way switch. I’ve removed it from the system and added it again, but no change. Is there a fix for this?

1 Like

I too am having the exact same flickering problem with one of my A19 bulbs (I have two of them). It is on a normal on/off switch. It’s programmed Dusk to Dawn. I’ve tried all the steps others have tried. This seems to be a persistent problem with these bulbs. I’ve only had them approximately 6 months. Is Ring going to replace it?

2 Likes

I have 4, A19 lights. Two of them started flickering, I had them replaced. The other two are flickering, and the two that I had replaced with new ones are flickering. Every one of them is flickering. This is extremely annoying.

1 Like

Has Ring acknowledged this issue and fixed the product yet? If so, how do you tell if a bulb was made recently enough to have the fix?

If your Smart Lighting bulb is flickering try another bulb socket or light fixture, as a test to see if the bulb flickers in various installations. I recommend also ensuring the Bridge is close by and completing the setup for the Bulb in the Ring app.

If this concern persists our support team can take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I am having this same issue. Have three Ring bulbs and one started flickering after working fine for several months.