(2) Par38 Fixture 1 Light Working

I bought two Ring Par38 lightbulbs for my dual Par38 bulb Fixture to replace my dumb floodlights. One of the two will not turn on (left port). I figured it was a faulty bulb so switched the bulbs and it just seems to be that whichever one is plugged into the left port of my fixture will not work.

I reinstalled the dumb bulbs and they both turn on. I then plugged in one Ring Par38 bulb, left a dumb Par38 in the left port, and the dumb bulbs and Ring Par38 work. I then tried switching the dumb bulb with a second dumb bulb and both of them work with the Ring Par38. I just can’t get both of the Par38’s to work when in left fixture’s port… Electrical issue or known conflict when trying to use multiple Par38 bulbs in a dual bulb fixture? :man_facepalming:t5:

Hi there, @Mizz! Our Par38 Smart Lighting Bulb installation video shares a visual example of how it can be installed in a dual bulb fixture.

Please ensure the bulbs are being installed in a fixture that does not have an internal dimmer, motion or light sensors, or a built-in timer. Additionally, Par38 bulbs should not be installed in totally enclosed fixtures. If this concern persists despite following these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.