2 Indoor Cams + Alexa Show - Live view minimized when switched between the two

I have two indoor Ring cams I use as baby monitors for my triplets’ two rooms. I use Alexa Shows to view them, my TV, my phone, etc.

Our Alexa Show 10 in the kitchen has recently started doing this annoying thing where it minimizes the second live view after viewing the first camera. For example, I’ll say “Alexa, show me Marin’s room” and she will show me the live view full screen. Then I’ll say “Alexa, show me the boys’ room” and she will exit out of that live view, go to the second camera, but the live view for the second camera gets minimized to the top left corner in this tiny box and I can’t see much of what’s going on. I have to stop what I’m doing to tap the expand screen button.

How do I stop this? It never did this before and I don’t remember messing with any settings recently.

Hi @Wildernest. This sounds like it might be a change within the Alexa App specifically. The Ring App itself doesn’t support multiple Live Views at the same time, so you can only view one Live View for one device at a time. If this was different on your Alexa Show, there might have been a settings change in a recent update. You can click here to go to Amazon’s Alexa Help Center, which may have more information on any recent updates.

Thanks! I don’t need them to show simultaneously, it’s just that I’d like them to be full screen when I switch from one to the other. There’s the extra step of “Alexa, stop” and then “Alexa, show me ____ room” vs just asking her to “Show me _____ room” while actively viewing live view on the first camera like I used to be able to.

I’ll ask on Amazon though, thanks!

1 Like

Did you manage to sort this out? I too have had problems with minimised display on my Alexa Show being stuck on screen for 10 minutes.
The ring camera battery is discharging faster too I presume from being connected to Alexa for 10 minutes at time.
Ring or Alexa has had an update and messed up what was a good combination.
This has been a problem since around Xmas time.