10% discount never applies

Hi all,

I have had a ring account for a few months now and have bought additional products from ring.com (logged in) and I have never had a 10% discount applied.

Can anyone actually provide a list of what is included in this discount?

I have bought a plug on cable for the ring alarm siren (no discount applied)

I have also bought a spare battery for my ring doorbell (no discount applied)

I am now looking into buying another spotlight cam wired but no discount is applied to this either… be it on ring.com or amazon (linked) as stated it should apply the discount automatically.

Any help on products that are actually included would be great, or if the above are… why is it mot for me?

Thanks

Hi @L4nce. This Help Center article here has more information about the 10% that is applied with the Ring Protect Plus Plan. If you find that this is still not working, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Did anyone outside the US ever manage to get the Amazon discount? Despite them clearly mentioning that all benefits of linking your Amazon account are available to their customers (“neighbours”) worldwide, according to chat support, this isn’t the case and has never been.

Scam or what?

Linking your Ring account to your Amazon account – Ring Help

Hi @Nerdy_Norm. The 10% discount that this thread is referencing is for use on selected Ring items on ring.com, it is not a general discount for Amazon. You can read more about this 10% discount for Ring in our Help Center Article here. You can redeem your 10% discount by following these steps:

• Click on the Ring logo on the top left corner of the page to go back to the Home page.
  • Add your selection to your cart, and proceed to checkout.
  • You should see your 10% discount applied on the right side of the page, near the total.

Note: You must log in to your account before you add a device to the cart. I hope this helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

Thanks, but it doesn’t really clear things up.

I’m talking about the advertised 10% discount on Ring products purchased via Amazon.

@Nerdy_Norm Can you clarify which Ring device you’re trying to purchase from Amazon? Feel free to share a screenshot or link as well if that’s easier. Also to confirm, you do have the Ring Protect Plus plan and not the Basic plan, correct?

I have the Protect Plus plan. I’ve tried buying various articles and none of them have ever given the 10% discount. By all means suggest a qualifying product and I’d be happy to add it to my basket and share a screenshot as proof.

@Nerdy_Norm Thank you for that information. I checked with my team on this and the 10% discount from the Ring Protect Plan Plus does not work on Amazon for neighbors outside of the United States. Our team is working to get the information in our Help Center Articles updated to ensure this is accurately reflected, and I apologize for the misinformation.

Wow, that’s pretty scandalous! I bet the consumer rights organisations would love to know about this …