Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U

user_7e11ba

Accepted Solution
Ring doorbell and chime stopped responding and won't rest
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support

I noticed this weekend that my Ring Doorbell was no longer responding and assumed battery flat.  I put the doorbell on charge but rather than a rotating light the front light stays permanently on.  I have left the doorbell charge for over 24 hours but the device is not contactable.    I have also left the device off power and the front light remains illuminated so I assume battery is working but not contactable.  Pressing the reset button has little effect,  after 5 secs or so the lights go off but then immediately permanently on once releasing the reset switch.

Whilst diagnosing I also noticed my ring chime is also showing as uncontactable,  when looking at the device there are no lights, and when I power on/off the blue light comes on for less than a second then goes off too.   Pressing the reset button also has no effect :-(    

I have checked wifi and router and can see no issues.

It strange both are not responding to resets either. I  am wondering might they have received an update an both become bricked ? :-(

Any help or advice appreciated 

Andy

10-06-2024 06:06:59

Responses (1)

J
Accepted Solution

Hi @user_7e11ba. If you have already tried a factory reset on both devices by pressing and holding the set-up button on them for 20–25 seconds, and they are still unresponsive, give our support team a call for further assistance.

11-06-2024 08:59:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions