Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
H
Cold weather
wireless-security-cameras
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
I have video doorbell (Three+) and an outdoor camera. Both are not showing live view this evening, because of poor wifi. My wifi is great. The units are both outdoors, and the temp is below zero. Is that why they won't connect?

07-02-2021 04:00:46

Responses (2)

M
Hi there, @HansBrakob! Video connection concerns is often related to wifi or mobile device connection concerns, however, if you are having extremely low temperatures, it is worth considering. Our product pages on Ring.com will contain operation information in the technical specifications sections of each Ring device. For the Doorbell 3 Plus, -5°F to 120°F (-20°C to 48°C). Depending on your Camera model, wired devices without a battery might have an operating temperature requirement of -22°F to 120°F (-30°C to 48.5°C). Bringing your Ring device indoors is a great test to see if temperature is impacting operation. Keep in mind, this will also likely bring it closer to your router for improved connection. I hope this helps! :)

08-02-2021 07:03:26

B
[quote="HansBrakob [McDVOICE](https://www.mcdvoice.ltd/)"] I have video doorbell (Three+) and an outdoor camera. Both are not showing live view this evening, because of poor wifi. My wifi is great. The units are both outdoors, and the temp is below zero. Is that why they won’t connect? [/quote] To check the strength of your wifi signal, do the following: Open your Ring app Tap on the three lines on the top left of the screen Select Devices Tap on the Ring device you would like to test Tap on the Device Health tile On the Device Health screen, look at your Signal Strength under the Network section.

12-02-2021 03:03:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User
Solution

U

user63814

User