Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
U
User Solution
How to easily turn motion detected chime off without blocking the doorbell chime?
tones-and-alerts
chime-pro
troubleshooting

Perhaps this would be easier if I also had the Ring Alarm.
I’m in the middle of installing several cameras and have 3 setup now with a Ring Chime.
I’m also planning to get a Ring Doorbell, so I have a special sound for motion detection.
At night I’m looking forward to hearing that alarm any time the outdoor cameras detect something.
I have them set for high sensitivity for motion and people but expect to tune them or set zones over time.
During the day we often walk around outside and trip the alarm.
I’m happy to have the recorded events as they also help with my tuning.
However, I don’t want the alarm sound from the chime.
I can snooze or unplug the chime, but then I won’t get the doorbell ring (when I have a doorbell).
I don’t want to snooze all alarms because then I don’t get the event history.
Also, the snooze period is not fully configurable, e.g. I can’t specify anything between 8 and 12 hours.
I don’t want to un-configure all the cameras to forward the alarm only to re-configure them at night.
Any suggestions?

29-04-2024 04:44:56

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @user81581. In short, the answer is that you cannot temporarily silence only motion alerts on the Chime while leaving the doorbell ring alerts on. The Chime Snooze feature will temporarily silence all alerts, including both motion and doorbell rings, from your Chime.

You would have to manually turn off motion alerts on the Chime so you’re only receiving alerts for the Doorbell presses, though that is not the exact configuration you’re looking for. Having the Ring Alarm system would not change how these features work either. You’re welcome to add any ideas or feature improvement suggestions to our Feature Request board.

30-04-2024 06:54:02

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

30-05-2024 06:54:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User