General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U
Need help

Hi 

Well, where do I start? first of sorry if this is long-winded 

Anyway 

I moved into a new house and got a full alarm ring alarm system with two indoor cameras, a doorbell, etc 

Everything was fine just using a 4g router while we were renovating 

We then moved in and moved over to Sky Fiber Broadband, and we were getting 150mbps, and we couldn't get a clear picture on the doorbell, or the cameras rang .sky thinking we had a faulty box, and they sent us another 2 in total I even got an eero mesh network thinking this would work, and it did 

So I upgraded my sky package to their ********* is op router and some higher fiber package, and now we get around 600mbps, and guess what? Still a bad photo 

I've tried to split the Wi-Fi into 2.4, and it didn't help on the older router 

We Dont live in a big house the router is about 1meter away from the door bell and the cameras 

First signal is -57

2nd is -51 

Now our door bell is on another network as we need this to work and it works perfect and the signal is -60 

Oh I've even turned every network of apart from Sky and still the same 

I'm

At a lost now any help would be great 

22-06-2024 05:44:43

Responses (2)

U

Just checking to see if you've also done the whole reset to factory settings and added back to the account thing?

25-06-2024 03:08:09

C

Hi @user_5f8f69. Thank you for sharing what the RSSI was listed as for each device, as this indicates how strong the signal is. Mesh networks can sometimes be tricky, unless you are able to control which device connects to which node in your network settings. 

For the new network, make sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network. You may also have some success with changing the router channel to one that is less busy. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here, or on Facebook @Ring for further assistance. 

25-06-2024 05:26:00

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions