General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
H
Login failing at Ring: Your session has expired. Please close the screen and reopen it to sign in again. (reference: cd47a9)
troubleshooting

There seem to be all kinds of problems with the ring website... In addition to getting this endless message that is unresolvable with any browser, someone suggested that you change the password... But then on attempting that I got a weird blank page that says "unacceptable"... And to make matters worse, it does not email the replacement password link, and it's not in junk mail either.

Ring, is it possible that your company is not able to make a simple website work properly?... Especially one that pertains to my home security equipment?. Someone else posted that your advice to them was to use Microsoft edge as a browser... Is that for real?

30-06-2024 10:21:39

Responses (1)

C

Hi @HMR22. I haven't encountered an issue like this before, and was unable to reproduce it now. Which web browser are you using? Try using a different one with the default settings to see if that makes a difference. Do you have a VPN enabled? 

01-07-2024 11:08:00

U

I am having the very same experience @Caitlyn_Ring 

I can login to my Ring account on my Macbook using Chrome, Safari, Firefox ... and also on my iPhone 14 using Chrome and Safari

But I cannot login to the app ... it simply will not allow me to enter my email address.

When I copy the URL from the app (https://oauth.ring.com/oauth/v2/signin) I am show "Your session has expired. Please close this screen and reopen it to sign in again. (Reference: d322af)

Doesn't matter whether I revisit that URL in an incognito window on Chrome, I am presented with the same message, over and over.

I set up a new user on my account and attempted to login with those credentials ... same message when I visit https://oauth.ring.com/oauth/v2/signin

When I spoke to Ring support today, I was told it was an Apple issue and "Good Luck"

I work in Customer Service for a software company; this is appalling customer service!

I cannot believe how hard it is to login on a mobile device to monitor my home with your products.

04-07-2024 04:46:01

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User