Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
B
Turning on path light in Alexa app brings it back online
troubleshooting
amazon-alexa
I've been having trouble this past week with my solar path like constantly going offline. I have it connected to an Amazon Echo 4th gen. Resetting the echo will bring it back online but then it goes off again. Another way I found to bring it back online is to go into the Alexa app and then hit the power button which then all of a sudden I get the notification the solar path right now is back online. This leads me to believe there was something going on with Alexa and the solar path light. Maybe a recent update is now causing issues. . Resetting the light doesn't help I've stopped all routines and alexa guard guard controlling the lights. I've even totally disabled the light through the Alexa app and just left it enabled through the Ring app. But I think because it is connected to the echo that this doesn't change anything. I know this is a shot in the dark but does anybody have any ideas for Solutions?

08-12-2023 03:31:34

Responses (3)

B
SO after further observation, It seems to be almost after an hour on the dot it will just go offline again. This is repeatedly happening. What am I to do? Make an alexa routine to shut the light on and off every hour to keep bringing it back online? This is crazy. I guess I will have to try that. wow. I also trie dturning off amazon sidewalk that didn't work. This light has been nothing but problems since day 1. I use to have issues with the scheduling till I just gave up on that. A terrible faulty product.

08-12-2023 04:48:02

B
SO yep that is the only solution. Since the light goess offline after an hour. I thought I could make one single routine where if the light is off it will turn it on and then delay an hour before doing it again. But that doesn't work I guess because alexa considers the device unresponsive and offline, so it does not even detect that it is "off". So it seems the only option is for me to make 24 routines at a set time, every hour, to turn the light back on to bring it back online. That actually works and I don't know what else to do. Its gonna be a pain to make 24 routines to turn the light online every hour, but it is what it is. Good old amazon software development. typical and terrible lol. I really hope this gets fixed but my i have low expectations. :frowning: The drawbacks from this obviously are that the light is going to be going on for a minute every hour 24 times a day. And I'm going to keep getting annoying alerts about it going off and back online.

08-12-2023 10:18:55

J
Hi @bettyflyboop. Try the following steps to address your concern: 1. Tap on the **☰** menu in the upper left. 2. Tap on **Devices**. 3. Tap on the Ring device being removed. 4. Tap on **Device Settings**. 5. Tap on **General Settings**. 6. Tap on **Remove This Device**. 7. Tap on **Remove This Device** at the bottom to confirm. 8. Factory reset your Pathlight by pressing and holding the reset button in the battery compartment for 15 seconds. 9. Set up your Pathlight again in the Ring app. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

11-12-2023 08:24:24

B

They sent me a replacement. but the new one the battery died in less than a week lol. My old doorbell I’ve had a little over a year and I’ve never even had to recharge it. I had to recharge this new one every two days. After doing that twice now its completely dead and won’t even charge. And to make it more annoying, I keep getting notifications that its going on and offline as I’m charging it that I will now have to remove it from my account. I can’t believe this. Almost feels unscrupulous that they sent me it and I don’t think I will be buying anymore ring products in the future.

19-12-2023 05:33:48

B

ring is sending me another replacement. they were very nice on the phone. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

19-12-2023 06:11:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User