Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
U
Can't scan QR
troubleshooting

I installed a new Ring camera and moved an old Ring Wired Floodlight to a different location.  Could not get the old light to connect to bridge, so I removed it and tried to reinstall in my Ring App.  When I go to scan the QR code it won't read the code.  If I select manually enter the PIN option, it goes through an endless loop of asking me to scan QR code, (it won't scan it), then I try to enter PIN, then it asks me to select a bridge, which then tells me to scan QR again.   Do I need to just trash this device?   Crazy thing is it scans the bar code immediately, so I had to cover it with tape to prevent camera from reading it.  Still won't read the QR. 

01-07-2024 12:05:38

Responses (1)

T

Hi @user_142695. What version of the Ring app are you using? There should be an "Other Options" button in the lower left window which populates a "Can't Scan the QR code?' or a barcode scan option. If you have the original packaging, there is also a QR code there. You can also try using a different phone or tablet, and make sure there is adequate lighting.

02-07-2024 05:09:05

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User