Ring Updates

Get the latest news, product updates, announcements and more from Ring.
L
Welcome to the Ring Community!

We're so excited for you to experience this space, where you can find information on devices you already know and love -- or discover your next favorite product! We've made it easy to search for information, join a discussion, and engage with other Ring neighbors.

A few tips for getting started:

• Have a question? Search for your answer.

• Not seeing what you need? Start a new discussion.

Have feedback? We'd love to hear what you think! Please leave a reply here on our post and we'll make sure it's reviewed.

29-05-2024 09:31:46

Responses (9)

D

Looks a bit rubbish on the iPad any responses or updates to any posts wipe out the header of the communication so all I see is the post is updated but with no original title so no idea what the post is about unless I open it

10-06-2024 10:09:31

C

Hi @Dazzman1, thank you for sharing this feedback. I'll make sure to pass it along to the appropriate team. 

10-06-2024 10:33:05

W

This "new" community board is no where near as user friendly, or useful, as the previous board.  It's very difficult to determine which post/replies go together.  The way posts and replies are shown is unnecessarily confusing.  

While separating the posts into categories may seem to make sense, in reality, it's not working well.  Again, the last user interface was much better.

11-06-2024 11:57:29

C

Hi @WMRing. Thank you for sharing your feedback! When you mention the way posts and replies are shown, do you mean how they are displayed within a thread? Or on the Community page as a whole? The Categories section is similar to how it was previously, but definitely let us know if you're experiencing any specific issues navigating it. I'm happy to pass this feedback along to my team. 

12-06-2024 12:23:07

W

Caitlyn_Ring

Thanks for replying!

It's a little of both.  Like Dazzman1 said, the replies are not nested with the orignal question or comment.  There doesn't seem to be way to see what post the reply is related to unless it's opened.

I see that the Categories section is a bit better, but it's not consistent.  

I just now saw that if I change the Conversation Type to show "posts", it appears to show up more like the previous board.  I guess it pays to look around!  :)  

12-06-2024 09:55:48

C

@WMRing Thank you for the clarification. I've noted your feedback about how posts and replies are displayed. Also, I'm glad you were able to find that option to change the Conversation Type. If anything else comes up, feel free to share that here, as we want the Community to be the best it can be. 😊

12-06-2024 02:48:09

U

Hi, my name is Teresa. My sister bought me the ring camera doorbell outside because I am blind and I live alone so that I could at least since I can’t see the video I could at least talk to the person through my phone or Alexa without having to open the door to strangers. We paid Best Buy $XXXX for them to help me and they failed they came. They left a bunch of crap everywhere and they left and never helped me with anything so I reached out to Ring and it’s been three days since I’ve been trying to find out how I can get help and this community is all I’ve seem to be able to find online. Things are difficult for me sometimes being blind, but I was able to get here so if anyone knows how I can get my ring camera doorbell to work as far as me just saying something or hitting something to speak with whoever that my door I would really appreciate it . I am not happy with this company at all nor am I happy with Best Buy. I almost feel like just sending it back and buying an offbrand my poor sister she spends a fortune on me since I went blind and she gets taken advantage of. 

21-07-2024 05:05:56

C

Hi @user_911edc. I'd recommend contacting our support team with your sister present to finish getting the Ring Doorbell set up. You can get in touch at one of the numbers here, or on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message. Our support team can assess the situation and determine which troubleshooting steps are needed. 

22-07-2024 03:01:56

U

It would be very useful to have a "Snooze" function for Motion Detection (like with Alert Snooze).  E.G. we entertain people on our porch and the ring doorbell constantly detects motion and records video and audio conversations.  Yes, we can turn off Alerts for a specific period of time, but often when we turn off Motion Detection it's forgotten and left off.  It would be great if we could disable Motion Detection for an adjustable time and then have it turn back on automatically.

Thanks

13-06-2024 07:52:44

C

Hi @user_117dc3. Thanks for sharing this suggestion! You're more than welcome to add this idea to our Feature Request board. This will allow us to more easily share feedback with our teams here. 😊

14-06-2024 08:34:50

U

Impossible to get REAL support or the cameras, I have EIGHT of them.

24-06-2024 01:45:14

C

Hi @user_22def2. If you're experiencing a problem with one of your Ring Security Cameras, you're welcome to create a post in the Security Cameras category. Other members of the Community or a moderator can then provide troubleshooting guidance. You can also contact our support team directly at one of the numbers here, or on Facebook @Ring.

25-06-2024 03:24:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User