Ring Updates

Get the latest news, product updates, announcements and more from Ring.
C
Introducing the new Ring Community
Introducing the new Ring Community! It’s here! Welcome to the NEW Ring Community! We are so excited for our new forum, but want the transition from our old Community to be as easy as possible for our neighbors. This post will be your go-to point when you want to figure out how to do something or learn more about the new Ring Community platform. Keep in mind, as neighbors ask questions, new topics will be added so consider this your ‘North Star’ and check back periodically for updates. Note: All directions here will use “click.” If you are on a phone, tablet, or other touch device, you will “tap.” **Ring Community Home Page** The Community is divided into three (3) Categories, some with topics built in. ![categoryscreenshot|690x355](upload://hJeryFZ2GgEZxhMJy46WnVOWBe4.png) **Ring Updates** on the left side of your screen, will house all Ring news and announcements, as well as Community specific updates / questions. ![ringupdates|561x500](upload://AfIBRECTu1Lht2S6lK4cJw8Qlvd.png) **Tips + Tricks** is home to Riley_Ring’s articles. Riley writes in-depth articles explaining commonly asked questions as well as App and Feature updates. **Moderators’ Corner** is home to blog posts from our Community Moderators. Learn more about your Ring system from our team of Community Moderators; Caitlyn_Ring, Marley_Ring, and Tom_Ring. Below, you’ll see The **Products** category marked with device specific icons. Got a question? Click on the icon that best fits which product you have a question on and submit a new topic. Keep in mind that the **Ring App** topic includes the Ring App, Rapid Ring, and Neighbors by Ring. **Ring Integration** includes Amazon Alexa + Ring and Key by Amazon topics, and **General Questions** houses the Ring Protect Plan topic for all your questions related to those plans. ![icons|690x267](upload://8H7WqEEREgWLRVNffAhIdCZsNpx.png) Please note, underneath the Product icons, you’ll see the three ***topic sorting tabs*; *Latest, Top, Categories***. First, pick which category you’d like to filter - Welcome to the Ring Community, Products, UK Topics. From there, if you wish to view the most recent topics posted, click **Latest**. To view the topics with the most page views, click **Top**. You can organize **Top** topics by a certain time frame, such as day, month, year. To view all categories available, click **Categories**. ![category|690x82](upload://5Hvry8yKMpQwO4aahqKo5vlvtXa.png) **UK Topics** is your home if you’re a neighbor located in the UK. We created this category for specifically for UK based neighbors to share their questions and receive assistance from other neighbors specific to your region. ![ukcategory|690x355](upload://K14DAi1Ws4QpnQBWHwG7FM17VG.png) Want to learn more about how this new platform works and operates? Check out our Community 101 New Member Guide [here](https://community.ring.com/t/community-101-new-member-guide/24971)! Think we should add more regions and topics? Comment below what you would like to see added!

17-12-2020 05:22:15

Responses (19)

C

17-12-2020 08:00:17

R
In the Ring Community we used to have Signatures for forum posts. Has this feature been removed as of the last forum update from November / December? I would like to have a signature again.

04-01-2021 06:44:52

G
I will type un Enlisch. Becous olmost every one is able to read English. The comming reaction, as question. I live and rent a appartement. Waar is qompleetllee controlled, by RIBW. That is health care. I do not know iff you did ever hear of a company that makers House locks fore House Doors. Thatvis able to unlock a door bij a chip. Werking off chip. Works in my experiance untill now 100% . With only disabillity. Litterly evry health worker with in the RIBW. Is able just to step in your House. On paper. RIBW werkers. Has the ruil that. Befire the just entre yiur House the have to notify you by enterIng your home. Unless, (who ever rents a House from RIBW) is unable to reach by mobile phone fore 1 week. Than the have legually, acces. To entre your home. You can beleave me, not every health worker is honnist by. Imagan. You have a minimum salary. And you as worker did call the person. Question, are you home. you say no. I did test that ruel. Becous there hasbeen stolen in total cash. Minimum 1000euro. Next to that. Material. Like grand New labtop 1000euro and and. Iff you whould be total koe koe. Oke. But Iff you are not living 24hours in a Dream. Beleave me you whould notis. My disabillity. 1 trust. 2 to thyerd. I must not forse. My self. In case i forse my self by going on the possibleillty is there. That lichts. Litterly, fals out. This happend 1 time I front of my door. Qoncequence. When I woke Up id, gon. Monny in wallet 400 gon. Oke. Bad luck. I say 99procent sure. That my nebour obove me. Without disabillity. And Without. chip fore door. He made use of the moment. That my front door was open. I did not have a conflict with him in any way. I get verry verry mutch. Info of orders. Evry Samsung device off my. Is conected. I Look ad my place. I am one 2 pleaces. No I did not have 2 diveses, on. I cocial did ring. Ad the door off my nebour above. I ask. May I only see your room. 15seconds. I do not need any thing. So no treathning. He says, no. I accept. No woords, nothing. 15min later. Police. And RIBW. why are you threathning him?????. What. Can you fure out. WHY HE DID THAT. only 1 reason. To cover him self. My stupid interaction. In time. By siing kosts. And orders. I did go to him. Willing to make him offer. That I have evidense (that is what I did think, bud aind official enouth. Evidense). I did see that Bell. Next with his nebour. 100procent. The know from comleet situation. The are friends. Also I must and may not take what ever from any one. Unever a less what I think ore know. Excus. Stuped thouth I did have. Revenge. Than he adleast has a little costs. I have to say. Yes ring is good security. Becous I am not fomilior how that works. I did not even know that that did excist. I serious do not need any thing off ensiorends, ore some thing like that. Only incase posible. Info. Ring is a quite big and good orginist program, cq product. What I like to ask. Can some one give me info. Hiw I am able to see only history off who has been ad his door. I only mean. UPS. DHL, Postal. Than I have very mutch more evidence to give police to start undervestigatiion. It gives me farr from joy. To ask help un this way. In case you have info. I will rewoord direct. Incase reaction. thank you

15-05-2021 08:57:22

D
I would just like for things to work... the app has a serious delay and the desktop won't even open the control panel. I called support and I guess she didn't want to help so she disconnected the call. SMH Eufy here I come!

10-06-2021 04:38:11

Y
I'm new to Ring, am enjoying the community forum. I see there are two tags about the retrofit product.. https://community.ring.com/tag/retrofit and https://community.ring.com/tag/retrofit-kit could we get them merged?

18-01-2021 01:04:50

C
@Chelsea_Ring - do you think you could please look into @YesThatAllen post? Thanks so much!!

26-01-2021 06:50:53

S
Why doesn't this ring camera work like it should?? I have internet that's not the problem. Some days it works as it should other days can't even get it to open at all 😡

03-02-2021 01:13:02

C
@Smily feel free to create a post in the Doorbells Category with a bit more information , so other neighbors or a moderator can assist. If you haven't already, give our support team a call for in depth troubleshooting as well :)

03-02-2021 06:59:30

J
I understand your frustration because I had the same problem when I first got my Ring set up. I could be wrong but I don’t think I am when I say it’s related to your Internet speed. Try going with a different router, calling your Internet provider and having them increase your speed and make sure you are not connected to the guest network or any sort of 5G network. It must be the 2.4 GHz. I hope this helps

09-03-2021 02:43:45

J
Is this an issue within your device? If you stand infront of the ring device does it highlight as if its recording?

15-04-2021 08:10:56

R
Mine did the same thing. I’ve also been kicked out of seeing my doorbell cameras while not at home and had to reconnect them a few times. Very frustrating but hopefully now that I have a new router box, the problem will stop. It was weird, but so far so good. I hope this helps. 😊🤞🏻 *Only a week in with my new router.

18-05-2021 01:21:07

S
Have you found a fix to this yet? I have literally been calling every couple of days to complain that mine is trying to activate the device. It's sooo frustrating!!

10-06-2021 04:49:26

J
Hi we're new to the Ring Community but look forward to learning all about the Ring and it's features.

02-03-2021 06:54:54

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User