Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
W
User Solution
Closed
Solar Panel stopped charging
live-view
solar-panel
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

I have a solar panel with a stick cam that I’ve been using for almost a year. All of a sudden it’s not charging my camera and now I can’t use live view. Any help?

04-02-2024 10:00:12

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @Winterm. These sound like two separate issues. For the Ring Solar Panel, please ensure the cable is properly connected at the panel and at your Stick Up Cam. Gently wipe off the panel itself with a dry microfiber cloth to remove any dirt or debris. Lastly, the Solar Panel can provide a trickle charge to your device’s battery, as long as it’s receiving several hours of direct sunlight per day. We have more information here.

Regarding the Live View, this is most likely related to the wifi connection on your Stick Up Cam. Please check the RSSI on the Device Health page in the Ring app. This gives a measurement of the wifi signal strength, and can indicate if the signal is strong or weak. Your phone will also need a good signal in order to load and stream Live View in the Ring app.

If these concerns persist, I’d recommend following up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. Our support team can take a deeper dive into things and review details on the back end. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

06-02-2024 08:23:55

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-03-2024 08:24:24

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User